Why Do We Have To Pay?
Most associations like to hold conferences or conventions. However, in AA, a conference or convention is an important opportunity to share the AA experience in a broad way. There are many AA conferences held around the world. One of the most common misconceptions of these gatherings is that they are AA meetings, and since "There are no dues or fees for AA membership..." there should be no fees to attend.
Conventions and conferences are special events, not regular meetings. They require months of planning, preparations, and money to present. Since most events are held in hotels/convention centers, there is a charge for the use of these facilities. Other expenses include travel and lodging for conference speakers, printing of flyers and schedules, postage and supplies. A large event requires a substantial amount of money. This conference/convention is self-supporting. No group monies are used to pay for this event. The cost of the event is paid through registration fees. No baskets are passed. The ideal goal for any committee of such an event is to break even; therefore, the registration fee is nominal compared to a weekend's worth of spiritual events anywhere else. Attendance is voluntary and as responsible AA members, we "pay our own way."
Ticket and Refund Policy
- No refunds or cancellations.
- Confirmations & tickets will not be mailed to you; you pick them up at the event. All badges and tickets will be held in the name of the Main Registrant.
- Registrations and tickets are not transferable.
- Tickets for the Al-Anon Luncheon WILL NOT be available for purchase at the event.
- Vegetarian meals are available for the Al-Anon Luncheon and must be pre-ordered. Simply enter the number of vegetarian meals on the registration form as you enter the quantity of tickets.
- The D22 Convention makes every attempt to accommodate special dietary requests; however, all meal preparation is controlled by the hotel. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the availability of each and every request.